domingo, 25 de setembro de 2016

Bullshit - An Apologetic Dreamer

What am I supposed to do?
What was I supposed to be doing?
Why am I not doing it?

Why can't I grow over these chains
that keep me down

Too close to the ground
Only flying at night
With my eyes sealed tight

Truth be told
I still got nothing to hold
Too afraid to let go
Confortably numb

This life of few pleasures
Filling desires
Gently denied

What is holding me back
Am I that good?
Or just got myself missunderstood?
Maybe a simple switch could do the trick

But which switch?
Or how many of them?
It seems rather ordinary to be facing these decisions\dilemmas
Everyone does, I guess...

But wasn't I supposed to know better?
Is it lack of study, spirit, faith?
Tell me now, please!

What am I supposed to do?
What's my plan in you (for you)?
I've grown sick of simpleness
All superficial! Very few deep believes!

To whom have I been working?
Am I missplaced?
Or am I the one commiting to\the mistakes?

I once asked You what did You want from me
I felt lost, lonely, no sense of direction
You didn't open up the skies or talked to my ears,
But I thought I had it figured out when my name was called by the others
I had to be there for them
 - For them and not for me -

But as I seem to grow on others, the more stuck I feel to myself
I cannot allow any mistakes that could jeopardize their faith and believes...
I'm stucked, locked. Prisoner of my sins? Prisoner of an image?

"Apologetic" Dreamer

11/2015

Nenhum comentário: